Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

1st Grade Alphabetizing - Vertical ABCs

Another mother shared this tip with me so I'm sharing it with you - kids can learn to alphabetize easier with a vertical ABC chart.

I'm struggling with 1st grade homework this year. Mr. Z. is perfectly normal but isn't the strong reader that his older siblings were in 1st grade which means I have to read the instructions to him and sit down and do it with him. At least he gets 1 on 1 time with me that way.

I used an old set of preschool flashcards and taped them onto the wall (painters tape - a staple around my house). Then I wrote out each of his spelling words and had him place them next to the corresponding letter. Then all that's left is to write the list in his homework notebook. Success!!! (No the prettiest home decor, but this is a working house not a showroom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...