Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Laundry Detergent - Good to the Last Drop

I've noticed that with those nice pour spouts lots of liquid detergent gets stuck in the bottle. I estimate it's 1 wash load worth of detergent per bottle. So lazy me I had three small detergent bottles that were almost empty. (I usually buy bigger bottles for the better per ounce price, but these were buy this/get that type sale so they were a good deal.)

Options for getting the last drop of laundry detergent:

  • cut the bottle in half and put the whole bottle in the washing machine
  • drain the bottle upside down
  • poke a hole in the bottle and drain it
I opted for the last option since I was afraid the first option would have jagged options that would snag my clothes. The second option didn't really work (I tried) because the pour spout kept the last drop in the bottle.

Another option would be to put water into the bottle and then pour the diluted detergent into the washing machine. Probably a lot less work, but sometimes I just do things my own way. :)


Prop in the morning and Leave till Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...