Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Amazon, cheaper?

I have recently discovered the benefits of checking out the "used" options when I'm looking for things on Amazon.com.  For instance, I bought a set of Pyrex bowls with lids.  (I know - who would buy used Pyrex, right?)  Normally, I wouldn't even consider anything used when it comes to kitchenware, but for some reason, I clicked on it anyway.

Amazon warehousedeals was selling a used-like new set for about half the price, so I decided to take a chance.  The set came, and I never would have been able to tell that it was "used."  It was in the original box with the original packaging, and the box was still sealed like you would expect from the factory.

I liked the set so much, I decided to get another one, this time from warehousedeals, used-very good.  It too was in the original packaging, but this time the box had been resealed with packing tape - I can deal with that!

So, next time you're looking for a household item on Amazon, take a look to see if there are any used items being offered from Amazon warehousedeals - it could be a REAL bargain!  Or, if you're feeling adventurous, see what warehousedeals has to offer.  It's home site says it offers "deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, and used products from Amazon.com.

Margaret's Addition: I recently bought a sewing machine from warehousedeals. Retail price $299, warehousedeals price $126. It was a "like new" product. The box had been resealed, but the instruction manuals and accessories were still in the original plastic. (For my sisters curiosity I now own two sewing machines. The girls are learning how to sew. And I now have a few decorative stitches YIPPEE!)

So Anna collects pyrex bowls and I collect sewing machines? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...